The philosophy behind this form of medication is that the health of a person’s body is based on three doshas. They are namely vata, kapha and pitta. Hair fall is thought to be induced by too much “pitta dosha” in the body. It is believed that when you make the pitta in your body to be balanced, it may treat your hair loss problem. Balancing the pitta in your body can be done through the use of ayurvedic methods like herbs and oils in aromatherapy. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall is made up of Ayurvedic herbs to be taken internally and oils to be used for massaging the scalp.
The following are Ayurvedic ways to prevent hair fall:
- Massage the scalp once in every two days with coconut oil. Give a gentle massage to the scalp for 15 to 20 minutes. Scalp massage will increase blood circulation to the hair roots and arrest hair fall.
- Sweet almond oil is used for hair care and is an effective massage oil and skin and facial moisturizer. Almond oil is among one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- You can also use Neem leaves to prevent hair fall. Boiling a handful of neem leaves in water and rinsing this to your hair can work wonders to stimulate hair growth. You can also make use of rosemary oil to stop hair fall.
- Rubbing coconut oil to the scalp as well as to the soles of the feet at bedtime helps you relax. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil is among the simplest natural hair loss cures that are still common even today. Coconut milk is one of the good herbal hair loss remedies. Apply the milk on the scalp and leave it for an hour or two. Rinse with warm water.
- A handful of white sesame seeds in your diet can stop hair loss naturally. Sesame seeds are rich in both calcium and magnesium.
- Buttermilk and yogurt are among the natural remedies for hair loss. If you are not allergic to milk or any dairy products, then make it a point to include these in your daily diet.
- A diet rich in green leafy vegetables, salads, fruits and sprouts are essential in Ayurvedic hair loss treatment. You may also want to include wheat germ, soy beans, whole grains in your diet for hair fall prevention.
- Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea will help you prevent hair fall. They are also known to stimulate hair growth.
- Lettuce and spinach juice taken together is a fine home remedy for hair loss.